Position: OSHA Inspection Technician
Location: Pittston, PA
Reports to: Inspection Training Manager
Performing OSHA/ANSI inspections on heavy equipment.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform OSHA/ANSI inspections on equipment cranes, bucket trucks, man-lifts, etc. applying professional experience, current regulations and standards, and using computer based inspection forms.
- Work under the direction of the Branch OSHA Inspection department manager to schedule OSHA inspections
- Manage the efficient use of time and mileage to control cost I.e. use of IT, schedule several inspections in one day in a geographical area etc.
- Teach NCCCO training classes in coordination with the Corporate Inspection/Training Manager, CCO Test Site Coordinator and the Branch OSHA Inspection Manager
- Perform NCCCO practical exams in coordination with the Inspection/Training Manager, CCO Test Site Coordinator and the Branch OSHA Inspection Manager
- Teach hands on crane operator training classes in coordination with the Inspection/Training Manager, CCO Test Site Coordinator and the branch OSHA Inspection Manager
- Actively participate in problem solving and continuous improvement activities
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Perform other duties as assigned
General Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum of 5 yrs. crane related experience
- Mechanical knowledge related to cranes
- Knowledge or willing to learn basic crane operational skills
- Knowledge of current OSHA and ASME regulations applicable to crane inspection and training
- Have or attain the NCCCO Crane Operator certification in Swing Cab Telescopic, Fixed Control Telescopic, Lattice Boom Crawler and Lattice Boom Truck Cranes
- Have or attain NCCCO Crane, Signalperson, Rigger I and Rigger II certifications as well as Practical Examiner Accreditation
- Have or attain the NCCCO Crane Inspector certification
- Basic computer skills, good understanding of email, Microsoft applications etc.
- Basic mechanical hand tools, magnetic base dial indicator, dial or electronic protractor, tape measure, dial caliper and flashlight to be used in the professional process of performing OSHA inspections
- Good organizational skills
- Good writing skills
- Willing to sign a “Statement of Confidentiality, Assignment, Conflict of interest” form for NCCCO
- Ability to work in varying temperatures, depending upon the season
- Possess a collaborative, team-driven attitude. Team members rely on each other to complete required tasks in order to meet daily and weekly schedules, and as a result a good attendance record and a team focus is critical
- Be quality and precision-driven, and able to follow all quality and safety requirements
- Be professional in appearance and attitude
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the position and may not include all of the duties required of the position. Stephenson Equipment, Inc. is an EEO employer and values diversity.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.https://stephensonequipment.com