Teach NCCCO Crane Operator, signalperson and rigger certification classes, perform NCCCO practical exams, provide hands on training, and assist in the development of training materials as needed.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach NCCCO crane operator, signal person and rigger certification classes
- Train new crane operators and semi-experienced operators how to operate a crane
- Teach basic crane operator classes
- Teach basic rigging and hand-signal classes
- Perform NCCCO practical exams
- Assist in the development of training materials
- Lay out and set up practical exam courses (requires 30’ and 100’ tape measure, spirit level, and hammer)
- Set up cranes for practical exams
- Act as a practical exam test site coordinator when needed.
- Actively participate in problem solving and continuous improvement activities
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Perform other duties as assigned
General Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge and skill in the operation of hydraulic and lattice boom cranes
- Knowledge of jobsite situations as related to cranes
- Knowledge of crane set-up issues (i.e. reasons for cribbing, importance of being level, power line danger, underground pipes, etc.)
- Knowledge in crane load chart terminology
- Knowledge in wire rope terminology
- Knowledge in all things related to rigging
- Willingness to learn and use a personal computer and various software programs
- At least 10 years of crane operator experience in various makes and models of hydraulic and lattice cranes
- Have or willing to attain, the NCCCO certification in all four mobile crane categories, tower crane and ABC crane
- Have or willing to attain, the NCCCO certification in signalperson, rigger I and II, and lift director
- Good communication skills
- Willing to sign a “Statement of Confidentiality, Assignment, Conflict of interest” form for NCCCO
- Willing to work odd hours and weekends as needed
- Ability to work in varying temperatures, depending upon the season
- Possess a collaborative, team-driven attitude. Team members rely on each other to complete required tasks in order to meet daily and weekly schedules, and as a result a good attendance record and a team focus is critical
- Be quality and precision-driven, and able to follow all quality and safety requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the position and may not include all of the duties required of the position. Stephenson Equipment, Inc. is an EEO employer and values diversity.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.