Location: SEI Prospect Park
Job Title: Inspection Technician
Type of position: Full Time, exempt/50 hr. week (professional)
Vehicle: This position includes a company vehicle. The vehicle will normally be a full sized pick-up truck.
Description of work – Employee will:
1. Work under the immediate supervision of the Branch Manager for day to day supervision and under the supervision of the Corporate Inspection/Training Manger for supervision of inspection related training and guidance.
2. Perform OSHA/ANSI inspections on cranes, bucket trucks, man-lifts, etc. applying professional experience, current regulations and standards, and using computer based inspection program and forms.
3. Manage the OSHA Inspection Dept. at Prospect Park. This includes:
a. Scheduling inspections,
b. Communicating with the Inspection Administrator,
4. Manage the efficient use of time and mileage to control cost. I.e. use of IT, schedule several inspections in one day in a geographical area, etc.
Qualifications – Candidate will:
1. Have a minimum of 5 years of crane related experience
2. Have good organizational skills
3. Have good mechanical knowledge related to cranes
4. Have or be willing to learn basic crane operational skills
5. Have good writing skills
6. Have good communication skills
7. Be professional in appearance and attitude
8. Have or be willing to purchase: basic mechanical hand tools (i.e. wrenches, screwdrivers, sockets, ratchets, pliers; hammer, punches, vise grips, etc.); magnetic base dial indicator; dial or electronic protractor; tape measures (25’ and at least a 100’); good flashlight; dial caliper; etc. to be used in the professional process of performing OSHA inspections.
9. Have or be willing to learn basic computer skills (i.e. have a good understanding of email, Microsoft applications, etc.)
10. Have a thorough knowledge and be willing to keep up to date on all pertinent OSHA and ASME regulations applicable to crane inspection and training.
11. Have or be willing to attain the NCCCO Crane Operator certification in Swing cab Telescopic, Fixed Control Telescopic, Lattice Boom Crawler and Lattice Boom Truck cranes.
12. Have or be willing to attain the NCCCO Signalperson, Rigger I and Rigger II certifications.
13. Have or be willing to attain the NCCCO Crane Inspector certification.
1. High school diploma or equivalent
Interested? Please fill out the online form and send your resume to: Jeff Tulish