The Evolution of the 40-55 Ton Crane: Roadability of a Boom Truck, Capacity of a Truck Crane
The NTC55 represents the evolution of crane features that combine to offer superior machine utilization, performance, and operator comfort.
• The National NTC55128 is the first truck mounted crane to feature Hydraulically Removable Counterweights with load charts for up to four different counterweight configurations including (0 lb.) counterweight, (3,000 lb.) counterweight, (4,250 lb.) counterweight and (5,500 lb.) counterweight. This offers you the maximum flexibility to meet your job requirements and the maximum flexibility to meet roading travel configurations as well.
• The National NTC55128 offers another industry first. It is the first truck mounted crane to offer four position outriggers allowing greater flexibility to accommodate various job site applications:
• This will include full span outriggers of 24’ 3”
• Three quarter span outriggers of 20’ which replicates the 40 ton truck cranes and offers an equivalent 40 ton truck crane load chart with 5,500 lb. of counterweight
• Mid span outriggers of 16’ 1”
• Retracted outriggers of 7’ 1”
• The National NTC55128 offers an exclusive tilting operators cab with the ability to tilt up to 20 degrees offering the benefit of greater visibility and maximum comfort for the operator.
• The first 55 Ton Truck Mounted Crane that will achieve a road weight under 73,280 lbs. making it road legal in Pennsylvania without a permit.
• The National NTC55128 is mounted on a purpose built Peterbilt 365 SFFA chassis provided by the Peterbilt Motors Company. This chassis is engineered and built specifically to meet stringent weight requirements for roading without compromising durability and performance.
• The National NTC55128 is the first truck mounted crane to offer all of the features listed above in a package that offers you a full power 128’ ft. Main Boom and a 26’ ft. Offsettable Jib with an offset of 30 degrees. Maximum tip height of 162’.
• Standard equipment includes Hydraulic Oil Cooler, Quick Reeve Boom Head, 360° Rotation Lock, and Air Conditioned Cab.
Every component of the chassis has been chosen specifically to manage the overall weight and roadability of the NTC55128: from the Pete 365 SFFA
model to the frame, crossmembers, engine, aluminum wheels and tire options.
We understand the importance and value of roadability without the customer sacrificing performance and durability.